Miriam Margolyes’ net-worth as she fears ‘running out of money for carers’

Graham Norton Show - London
Miriam Margolyes’ net-worth includes money she makes from Cameo (Picture: PA)

Miriam Margolyes’ net-worth has reportedly been revealed, after she opened up about her fears of running out of money to pay for carers.

The British-Australian actress, 83, is best known for playing Professor Sprout in the Harry Potter series and for her Bafta-winning role as Mrs Mingott in The Age of Innocence.

And while she’s also played several other characters over the years, including in Being Julia and Call The Midwife, as well as written three books, starred in numerous stage productions and hosted travel series’, she worries about running out of money.

In a recent interview with RadioTimes, Miriam who shared that she fronted her new BBC travel programme A New Australian Adventure for money and reportedly was paid £250,000 for her memoir, said: ‘I’m worried that I won’t have enough money for carers when I finally get paralysed or whatever it is that’s going to happen to me.

‘I’m saving up cash so that I can pay people to look after me and my partner.

‘We don’t have children, so I need to make sure I’m going to be looked after in the way that I’ve become accustomed.’

Miriam Margolyes
The 83-year-old actress previously revealed she has been registered as disabled (Picture: S Meddle/ITV/Shutterstock)

The comedian, who has been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and also underwent an operation last year which saw her have a transcatheter aortic valve replacement to avoid more invasive open-heart surgery, has been open about her health struggles in the past, and recently revealed she’s been registered as disabled.

She said: ‘I can’t walk very well, and I’m registered disabled, so I use all kinds of assistance.’

What is Miriam Margolyes’ net-worth?

While her exact net-worth isn’t known, it is estimated to be around £4,500,000, according to reports online.

Up Next

This comes after the acting icon revealed how much she earns from making personalised videos on Cameo – and it’s a whopping figure.

During an appearance on Loose Women last month, she revealed: ‘Since Covid I have made £365,000 through cameos and personalised videos.’

Miriam charges $170 (£135) per video, which usually lasts around two minutes with options for any topic from advice to a happy birthday message.

She continued: ‘One day I will need carers. I want to be comfortable and I want them to be properly paid for. It is really because I want to make money though and they pay me to do it.’

Miriam Margolyes
Miriam worries about needing money for carers (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)

When questioned on if there was anything she ‘wouldn’t do for money’, Miriam replied: ‘I wouldn’t eat s**t. Am I allowed to say that?’

She did however previously share how she turned down £500,000 offered by Marvel to appear in ‘a show about witches’, simply explaining that she ‘doesn’t like America and didn’t want to be in Georgia for four months’.

She continued: ‘So I just said, “Well, I want a million pounds” and they said, “You can have half a million”, and I said, “no, I don’t want to do it”, so it just stopped.’

Miriam Margolyes: A New Australian Adventures is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.



from Metro https://ift.tt/ldCN94E
via IFTTT
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: